- Written by Mom Vortana
- Category: Project documents
- Published: 16 July 2014
- Last Updated: 16 July 2014
- Hits: 1683
Knowledge management is focused on capturing the expertise of organizations and individuals and on the disposal and application of this expertise in order to maximize the benefits and the returns from knowledge assets. KM helps to bring the right knowledge to the right people at the right time, thus enabling them to make the best decision. KM involves the identification and analysis of available and required knowledge and the subsequent planning and control of actions to develop knowledge assets so as to fulfil organization objectives.
A.Objectives of Knowledge Management
- It gives evidence of the extent to which knowledge is being effectively managed and indicates where improvements are needed.
- To explain how knowledge moves around in, and is used by the project.
- To provide vital information for the development of effective knowledge management and initiatives that are directly relevant to the project’s specific knowledge needs and current situation. Download here